Sunday, August 10, 2008

working on a self-imposed surfmonk existence - writing in my dream journal as i drink my morning coffee, surfing, working on my new recording, writing 'blog entries, defrosting food - well, until my next paycheck anyway ... fed my last $2 to the lucky lions on hotel street during the 888 olympic block party in chinatown on friday.  still wriggle inside with pleasure when i remember the visceral experience of having firecrackers going off as the lion nibbled up my body and took the bill from my giddy hand with a hidden body part into its hot, humid mouth ... !  made for a heightened state of consciousness with which to witness the olympic opening ceremonies at 8:08 ... 'what channel is it on???' asks beefy keali'i @ ke kai's.  '... eight ... !!!' i tell him ...

needless to say, the ceremony was a heightened state of consciousness unto itself, so gorgeously massive and mesmerizingly perfect that i could not help but feel like i was witnessing an era-defining moment in the history of civilization; as china demonstrated, to a worldwide audience, its cultural power and vast potential.


after i sent out my 'happy 888' texts i got one back from jason that said -

Aw.... Thx.
Something
auspicious has
gotta happen
today. Oh wait,
I'm not Chinese. ;)


i replied -

da whole world is
chinese 2day !
[or at least it will
b someday
soon...]


don't you think ... ?

well, gotta go do xigong ...


^__^

No comments: