Sunday, June 22, 2008

at my new place

at my new place, in my room, white plumeria and red hibiscus bloom outside my window and cardinals sing when i play music.  the neighbors keep rabbits whose hutches i can see through my bathroom window.  there is one rabbit, apparently escaped from these hutches, who continues to live in our yards, occasionally causing a stir when it comes back to visit its captive family, to commune with them through the mesh.  this rabbit seems to have become quite comfortable with its assessment that i do not intend to recapture it, as it doesn't run away from me when i pass through the yard, under the mango tree, and say hello on my way to or from the bus, even when i pass quite close.

[written on 6/12/08 ... as there is no wireless at my new place it has taken me this long to post it.  in the meantime i have learned that there are actually (at least) TWO escaped rabbits.]

No comments: